When it comes to improving the look of your smile, cosmetic dentistry is the way to go. The primary purpose of this branch of dentistry is to enhance your appearance by altering issues that might be affecting your smile. Whereas general dentistry focuses on preventing and treating dental problems that influence your oral health, cosmetic dentistry focuses on elective treatments that patients choose to pursue mainly to change the look of their smiles.
Sometimes cosmetic dental procedures do have positive repercussions on your oral health. For example, straightening teeth through orthodontics can correct crowded teeth so they become less susceptible to decay, or changing metal fillings to composite addresses both function and aesthetics.
Here are some of the most common services offered by cosmetic dentists:
- Teeth whitening – brightening your smile professionally using special bleaching solutions enhanced by ultraviolet light to speed up the process and achieve dramatic results
- Dental veneers – securing thin porcelain shells to the fronts of teeth to hide flaws like discoloration, gaps, overcrowding, chips and more
- Bonding – applying tooth-colored composite resin material to teeth to correct minor problems like chips, gaps, cracks and more
- Reshaping – changing the look of teeth that are crooked, misshapen or chipped
- Crowns –placing restorations on top of existing teeth to return them to full function, appearance and strength
- Gum contouring – reshaping the gum line to create a more aesthetically appealing connection between your teeth and gums
These are only a handful of procedures offered by qualified cosmetic dentists in Aventura. Schedule a consultation to learn how modern dentistry can help give you the smile you’ve always wanted.
If you need a dentist in Aventura, contact us today